2012年1月24日星期二

Family Reunions

Oh the joys of being elected to Air Swimmers plan the yearly family reunion. While I enjoy seeing aunts, uncles, cousins and second cousins, the thought of actually being responsible for the planning of a family reunion for over 100 people scared me to death. I can plan birthday parties, anniversary parties, and baby showers at the drop of a hat, but this task seemed extremely daunting. A family picnic in the park would have been an easy task, but every five years we all take a 4 day trip together, so instead of planning a Saturday barbeque, I was responsible for organizing a full blown Myrtle Beach Vacation.I began searching the internet for prospective rental properties and after narrowing down my selections to accommodations with two S107 RC helicopter and three bedroom facilities, I started sending out requests for more information. I sent out all of these inquiries on a Wednesday afternoon, by Thursday morning I had my first response from a property called Towers on the Grove. Located in the Cherry Grove section of Myrtle Beach, Towers on the Grove offered us the quiet family atmosphere we were hoping to find, and the ability to be within an easy driving distance to many of the attraction hot spots.The mountainous task I thought I was up against became as small as an anthill thanks to the wonderful staff at Towers on the Grove. All they needed from me was a rooming list with names and addresses and they took care of the rest. The group discount they gave us was met with the whole family%u2019s approval and the amenities they offered far exceeded what my family was expecting. The reservation information and cost was sent to me in plenty of time to have things settled by our check in date. Upon arrival, their group reservation coordinator met me at the desk and check in was a breeze. They even provided us with a meeting room for the entire stay that acted as a general gathering area where people could relax and visit, play cards, or even just watch TV together. The kids were ecstatic about the slide and lazy river at the pool and probably would have spent the entire vacation swimming if they had gotten their way. The rooms were fully equipped, spacious, and beautifully designed. The housekeeping staff was excellent and the rooms were kept spotless during our stay. The resort offered something for everyone, angry bird no matter what their interests and we couldn%u2019t have been happier. The only part of the trip that we didn%u2019t enjoy was check out because no one was ready to go home. The trip was stress free and relaxing thanks to all of the hard work done by their excellent staff. Everything was planned down to the very last detail and the trip was a great success. If you want to plan your own family reunion, or are just looking for a great place to vacation, I highly recommend Towers on the Grove in Myrtle Beach, SC.

没有评论:

发表评论